August 8, 2010

Not My Grandma's Cheesy Noodles!

Spicy Radiatore and Cheese
2 servings Radiatore noodles
3/4 cup Mexican Velveeta Cheese (mild)
1 tbsp. 2% milk (may need more)
1 tsp. green chiles
1/2 tsp. adobo (from canned chipotles)
1/2 tsp juice from pickled jalapenos
1/2 tsp jalapeno mustard
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cayenne pepper
salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp butter
1 tbps vegetable oil
1/4 cup Parmesean cheese, grated


Preheat oven to 450 degrees.


Cook pasta to al dente according to package.


Add cheese, milk, green chiles, adobo, jalapeno juice and mustard to a small saucepan. Heat over low heat and stir until cheese melts. Stir in pasta.


While cheese is melting, mix bread crumbs, paprika, chili powder, cayenne and salt and pepper together. Heat butter and oil in a pan until hot. Add bread crumbs to butter and oil and toast.


Spray a small oven safe bowl with non-stick spray. Pour noodle and cheese mixture in bowl. Top with toasted bread crumbs. Grate Parmesan cheese over top.


Bake for 5 minutes.


I really enjoyed the noodles and cheese. I remember my great-grandma making me noodles and cheese for lunch growing up. As a grown up I still enjoy the flavors. I spiced up her basic recipe and added bread crumbs to the top. This recipe has spice but is not too spicy. It has nice depth of flavor. I will definitely make it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment