September 1, 2011

Food Network Healthy Eats Challenge - Day 1

Brown Bag ChallengeWe’re teaming up with fellow food bloggers to host a Brown-Bag Challenge, a month-long initiative to eat consciously and save money by packing a lunch each weekday instead of eating out. Join us here and share what you're eating on Facebook and Twitter with the hashtag #brownbag.


So I have decided to do the Food Network Healthy Eats Challenge.  All I have to do is bring my own lunch for the month of September.  I do a pretty good job of this anyway, but I am always up for a challenge. 


I tend to eat my leftovers from the night before for lunch.  Reheated in the microwave, but don't change a thing.  I am going to challenge myself to try to transform my left overs for my brown-bag lunch.  Whether it will be putting my meat into some freshly baked bread from home or something else.  That's what I need to come up with.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 


So today I brought my leftover pan-roasted chicken thigh from last night.  To modify it, I took off the skin, cut it from the bone and made a chicken sandwich out of it.  Not bad, but not as creative as I would like.  Oh well, it was only day 1 right?

No comments:

Post a Comment